These gluten free vegan biscuits and gravy are dairy-free comfort food at its best! Sweet potato gives the biscuits a beautiful golden hue.
Gluten free vegan biscuits and gravy and a long run.
This morning my husband rolled out of bed at 2:30. He’s flying out to LA then hopping a ferry to Catalina Island where he’s chosen to run a 50-mile race.
After feats like this he craves meat. Seriously craves it. The bigger the roast, the better. The utter and instantaneous satisfaction that spreads across his face at first bite is a sight to behold.
In case you missed the “Catalina” part, the race is on CATALINA ISLAND! He tried to quell my envy by calling it a “family vacay scouting trip.”
Since he’ll be far from home, that whole “meat fix” thing is probably going to be had at some lovely Avalon Bay white linen table cloth kinda joint complete with ocean view.
“Scouting,” he says.
“Ha,” I say.
Well anyway, contrary to how my husband enjoys meat, I could go without it. So when my “scouting” meat-lover is gone, I go meatless. Sure, there are a couple of times a year I full-on crave meat, but the rest of the time I can do without it. So with the house to myself and snow coming down, I think I’ll head to the kitchen and whip up my favorite Gluten Free Vegan Sweet Potato Biscuits and Sausage Gravy. Will you join me? It’s dairy-free comfort food at its best!
A 21-Day Dairy-Free Challenge
And speaking of dairy-free, starting January 21st, 2016 I invite you, your friends and your loved ones to join me for a 21-Day Dairy-Free Challenge sponsored by So Delicious. For 21 days we will be cutting out all moo juice and moo juice products.
Why should you take this challenge? Because you may be one of the millions of people who find dairy-free living beneficial. If any of these are your signs, symptoms or concerns you may want to consider it. This could be a life-changer my sweet friend!
How It Works
This challenge is loaded with support, recipes and prizes to make going dairy-free easy, fun and do-able. In addition to the slew of gift cards and food kits that will be given away, one lucky participant will be flown to Boulder, Colorado to meet with health and fitness expert John Pierre!
Join the Challenge
- Facebook: Become a member of the So Delicious Dairy Free 21 Day Dairy-Free Challenge Facebook group.
- Instagram: For every photo of a dairy-free meal or snack uploaded with #DairyFree4Good during the official challenge dates, So Delicious Dairy Free will donate $1 to the Farm Sanctuary (up to $10,000; limit 3 entries per person per day).
- FREE Snackable eBook (25 delicious healthy, plant-based, vegan snack recipes)
- Recipes from So Delicious Dairy Free
- The Diet & Health Journal (Free Printable!) for Dairy-Free
- The Dairy-Free Newbies Page
- Recipes from Go Dairy Free