Once you have a batch of Lexie’s Stew Seasoning ready to go, making a hearty and comforting gluten free slow cooker beef stew is a snap.
If you’re in the mood for stew, you’ve come to the right place. Once you have a batch of Lexie’s Stew Seasoning ready to go, making a hearty and comforting stew is a snap.
Gluten Free Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 4-8 hours in a slow cooker
- 2 pounds beef or bison STEW MEAT, 1-1/2″ cubed
- 6 tablespoons LEXIE’S STEW SEASONING
- 2-4 tablespoons GRAPESEED OIL (or other high smoke point oil)
- 6 cups 1″ cubed POTATOES
- 2 cups 1/2″ sliced CARROTS
- 2 cups 1/4″ sliced CELERY STALKS
- 2-32 ounce cartons SOUP or BROTH (see notes for options, read ingredients list for potential allergens)
1. Toss meat with stew seasoning and brown in oil.
2. Add to slow cooker; browned meat, potatoes, carrots, celery and soup.
3. Cook on high 4-6 hours or on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
4. Salt and pepper to taste prior to serving. Looking for a little zing? Add some chili sauce such as Cholula Hot Sauce!
Experiment with other veggies; kohlrabi, turnip, green beans, summer squash.
Use the pre-made soup or broth that suits your diet (see below). Alternatively, use 5-7 cups of beef broth with some extra onion and garlic goodness thrown in.