With a few simple ingredients and 30 minutes you can make this one-dish gluten free puff pancake breakfast that’s sure to please!
With a few simple ingredients and 30 minutes you can make this one-dish breakfast that’s sure to please! For the egg lovers and eaters, this German Apple & Cranberry Puff Pancake recipe is great, easy and quick. I’ve made it four times this week. Must be the German in me!
German Apple Puff Pancake
Gluten-Free | Casein-Free | Citrus-Free | Corn-Free | Dairy-Free | Fish-Free | Peanut-Free | Shellfish-Free | Soy-Free | Easily Tree Nut-Free (depending on the milk) | Wheat-Free | Sesame-Free | Yeast-free | GFCF | Vegetarian
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
2 tablespoons extra virgin COCONUT OIL or LIGHT OLIVE OIL
4 large EGGS
3/4 cup non-dairy MILK (I use SILK® Almond Original)
1 tablespoon MAPLE SYRUP or 20 drops LIQUID STEVIA
1 teaspoon gluten-free VANILLA EXTRACT
1 teaspoon corn/aluminum-free BAKING POWDER (make your own)
1/2 teaspoon SEA SALT
3 tart APPLES, cored and sliced into thin wedges
1/4 cup fresh CRANBERRIES (optional)
2-4 tablespoons COCONUT SUGAR or sugar of choice (optional if avoiding sugar)
1 teaspoon CINNAMON
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F.
2. Heat oil in oven in a 10″ pie plate or 13x9x2″ pan (glass or ceramic).
3. Add to blender and blend on low until combined (or mix in medium bowl with hand mixer); eggs, milk, syrup, vanilla, flour, baking powder and salt.
4. Remove pan from oven and arrange apple wedges and cranberries in bottom of pan.
5. Pour batter over apples and cranberries.
6. Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle over batter.
7. Bake 20-25 minutes. Allow to rest a few minutes and serve with or without a drizzle of syrup.
1. Not gluten-free? Wheat flour works just fine.
2. If you like your apples peeled, go-ahead and peel ’em … especially if they aren’t organic.
3. Pancake will puff up in oven and deflate as it cools. This is normal.