When we make a batch of these spiced yam fries, Papa Bear, Mama Bear and the Little Bears dig in. We serve them with hamburgers and salad for a simple weeknight meal.
When we make a batch of these spiced yam fries, Papa Bear, Mama Bear and the Little Bears dig in. We serve them with hamburgers and salad for a simple weeknight meal. They are jazzed up with some good-for-you spices (like tumeric, read about that here) and baked versus deep-fried.
Spiced Yam Fries
Gluten-Free | Casein-Free | Citrus-Free | Corn-Free | Dairy-Free | Egg-Free | Fish-Free | Peanut-Free | Rice-Free | Shellfish-Free | Soy-Free | Tree Nut-Free | Wheat-Free | Grain-Free | Sesame-Free | Sweetener-Free | Yeast-free | GFCF | Vegetarian | Vegan
Active Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
3-4 pounds GARNET YAMS (red-skinned sweet potatoes)
4 tablespoons extra virgin COCONUT OIL, liquified
2 teaspoons each CORIANDER, CARDAMOM and TURMERIC
3/4 teaspoon SEA SALT (or to taste)
1/2 teaspoon GRANULATED ONION
1. Peel and cut yams into 1/4″ “fries.”
2. If time allows; soak fries in salted water 4-6 hours, drain, pat dry.
3. Toss fries with remaining ingredients.
4. Spread fries out in a single layer on parchment lined baking sheet.
5. Bake at 420˚F for 40 minutes flipping once.