Last week I posted a recipe (if you can call it that) for a four-ingredient Italian Sausage Seasoning blend—the secret ingredient in my Bolognese sauce.
This week I’m dishing up the recipe for that Bolognese. It’s makes enough to feed a crowd and then some, and freezes well for a quick mid-week dinner. Serve it over brown rice pasta or spaghetti squash or layer it between slices of polenta and sauteed veggies for a quick “lasagne” (our lates family favorite).
Crockpot Bolognese Sauce
Gluten-Free | Casein-Free | Citrus-Free | Corn-Free | Dairy-Free | Egg-Free | Fish-Free | Peanut-Free | Potato-Free | Rice-Free | Shellfish-Free | Soy-Free | Tree Nut-Free | Wheat-Free | Grain-Free | Sesame-Free | Yeast-free | GFCF
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 4-6 hours in crockpot
- Brown meat together. Drain fat if desired.
- Season with Italian Sausage Seasoning.
- Add meat to bowl of food processor and pulse a few times. You want a fine-ground meat (think the texture of Taco Bell burger “meat”, gross, I know). This step makes for a thicker sauce.
- Toss meat into crockpot along with marinara sauce.
- Give it a good stir and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Gluten-Free | Casein-Free | Citrus-Free | Dairy-Free | Egg-Free | Fish-Free | Peanut-Free | Potato-Free | Rice-Free | Shellfish-Free | Soy-Free | Tree Nut-Free | Wheat-Free | Grain-Free | Sesame-Free | Yeast-free | GFCF