If you’re looking for a seriously easy and seriously good gluten free white clam sauce, look no further. This one aims to please!
If you’re looking for a seriously easy and seriously good gluten free white clam sauce, look no further. Back in high school my best friend introduced me to white clam sauce. Her recipe came from her grandma Mancini—now how much more Italian does a name get? I remember being impressed by how simple yet flavorful the dish was. This recipe is a spin-off of Grandma Mancini’s. I have added marinated artichoke hearts and a splash of lemon juice for a bit of zip (that’s a word my grandmother would use)! Ladle over your favorite gluten-free pasta—we like Tinkyada Brown Rice Spaghetti and Ancient Harvest Quinoa Linguine. Serve with a simple arugula salad (recipe ideas at the end of this post) and a fresh loaf of Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Homemade Wonderful Bread (egg-free, dairy-free how-to below) and you’ve got a gluten-free Italian feast!
I dedicate this recipe to that best friend, and buddy, from high school. Love you Amy!
Amy’s Gluten Free White Clam Sauce
Gluten-Free | Casein-Free | Corn-Free | Dairy-Free | Egg-Free | Fish-Free | Nightshade-Free but NOT Solanine-Free | Peanut-Free | Potato-Free | Rice-Free |Soy-Free | Tree Nut-Free | Wheat-Free | Grain-Free | Sesame-Free | Sweetener-Free | Yeast-free | GFCF
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
3 tablespoons OLIVE OIL
6 cloves GARLIC, smashed
1 large ONION, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon dried ITALIAN SEASONING
3 (12-ounce) cans minced CLAMS, drained, liquid reserved
1 (6-ounce) jar MARINATED ARTICHOKES, drained, roughly chopped, liquid reserved
3 tablespoons fresh LEMON JUICE
1/2 teaspoon SEA SALT
Couple cranks of fresh ground BLACK PEPPER
- In a large skillet or medium saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until soft. Add Italian seasoning and saute an additional minute.
- Transfer onion mixture to blender along with reserved clam and artichoke liquids, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Puree.
- Return blended mixture to skillet, bring to boil and gently simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Add clams and chopped artichokes. Heat through and serve over pasta. May be topped with grated Romano cheese (if your diet allows), red pepper flakes, garlic pepper, minced parsley or all four if you’re adventurous!
And to go with this lovely pasta, how about a warm loaf of …
Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Homemade Wonderful Bread
Gluten-free, Egg-free, Dairy-free
First, check the ingredient list below to see if this bread mix will work with your diet? If it will, I highly recommend giving it a try. It’s been one of the best gluten-free breads I’ve made in my bread machine so far and keeps quite well in an air-tight container in the fridge. I was able to make a decent egg-free, dairy-free loaf by following the package directions and:
1. Whisking into dry ingredients: 1/2 teaspoon pectin
2. Whisking into wet ingredients: 1 tablespoon chia seed meal and 1/4 cup water
3. Replacing milk with a non-dairy alternative(I used Silk Almond Original)
4. Sprinkling with sesame seeds and gently smoothing top of loaf just prior to the start of the bread machine’s “Bake” cycle.
Ingredients in the mix: Garbanzo Bean Flour, Potato Starch, Corn Starch, White Sorghum Flour, Tapioca Flour, Evaporated Cane Juice, Fava Bean Flour, Xanthan Gum, Active Dry Yeast, Potato Flour, Sea Salt, Guar Gum, Soy Lecithin.
And to top your salad how about …
Salad Dressings on My List to Try